Monday, August 29, 2011

Blog # 1- Jackson Bates

    Hello, my name is Jackson Bates, and i have never blogged anything before in my life!  I guess that theres a first for everything right?  So far, I feel pretty excited about this assignment because i dont normaly read a lot.  I think this could be a fun way to read and incorporate the use of blogging in a creative and educational way.  The read for a lifetime list is actually looking good this year, and theres a good number of books i wouldn't mind reading.  For example, i have already read The Boy Who Dared and i am looking forward to reading more.  Also, i think that this whole blogging experience will be beneficial for me in the future and learning how to post stuff on the internet.  This years english 3 class is going to be very fun and I'm looking forward to blogging and reading books from this years list.
    This year, the purpose of blogging online is to get us to explain the importance of the book that we are currently reading and also to learn how to use a blogging site.  The book that i will be reading is called Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer.  This book is already getting interesting, even though i haven't read that much of it yet.  I am looking forward to reading it because i like mystery type books.  I also chose this book because it was a lot more suspenseful than the others in my opinion.  Because everyone in this class is blogging, it will also be really cool to find out what everyone else is reading.  It will also help me choose my next book.  Hearing about all of the books will be really cool and i cant wait to start!
    There could be many different types of blog topics to choose from, and because i havent read very much of my book, i don't really know what some good blogging topics would be.  Maybe some good topics would be to explain the main characters traits in each persons book or maybe the setting and time periods of each book.  This way we dont get the main point of the books, we get a little taste that may force us to pick that book for our next one.  I am looking forward to this assignment and i cant wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. Jackson!
    I really liked reading this! I felt like you were right beside me reading because it sounds genuine, if that makes any sense. But I also wanted to say that you're enthusiasm really made it easy to read and relateable. I too, am looking forward to writing a blog rather than an essay, essays aren't my thing to say the least. One thing I wish you would've done though, is tell me more about the book, the only thing I know is that it's a mystery and a kid lawyer. But how did he get involved with the justice system? Is he bad kid or a good kid? That's the only thing that really kept me questioning. Oh and I really like you're ideas for blog topics, especially the one about setting because I love books that take place in a different time period, like the early 19th century. But yeah, I really liked reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete